1. My hands are small. Please don’t expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My legs are short. Please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have. Please let me explore safely. Don’t restrict me unnecessarily.
3. Housework will always be there. I’m only little for such a short time. Please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
4. My feelings are tender. Please be sensitive to my needs. Don’t nag me all day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.
5. I am a special gift from God. Please treasure me, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by and disciplining me in a loving manner.
6. I need your encouragement and your praise to grow. Please go easy on the criticism. Remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday, I’ll be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.
8. Please don’t do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me with my brother or my sister.
9. Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it’s a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.
10. Please teach me good habits and right from wrong, setting a good example for me to follow.
Paul Parkin is a qualified, experienced Counsellor and Life Coach offering affordable counselling, Confidential help and support to parents online. Paul has several years experience in the parenting and family counselling field, he understands the issues affecting his clients embroiled in deep rooted family issues.
Paul has worked with the National Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) and has a wealth of knowledge and understanding in relation to Parenting and challenging child behaviours. Paul can advise parents on how to parent children and teens who present challenging behaviours.
To book a 50 Minute online counselling session click here